124 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of six divisors.
Prime factorization of 124:
22 × 31
(2 × 2 × 31)
22 × 31(2 × 2 × 31)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 124 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 124
- Cardinal: 124 can be written as One hundred twenty-four.
- Scientific notation: 1.24 × 102
Factors of 124
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 33
Divisors of 124
- Number of divisors d(n): 6
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 224
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 100
- 124 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (100) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 24
Bases of 124
- Binary: 1111100 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x7c
Squares and roots of 124
- 124 squared (1242) is 15376
- 124 cubed (1243) is 1906624
square rootof 124 is 11.1355287257
cube rootof 124 is 4.9866309523
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 124?
- 124 seconds is equal to 2 minutes, 4 seconds.
To count from 1 to 124 would take you about one minute.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 124 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 124
- 124 backwards is 421
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 124's digits is 7
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 124 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!