123 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 123:
3 × 41
3 × 41
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 123 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 123
- Cardinal: 123 can be written as One hundred twenty-three.
- Scientific notation: 1.23 × 102
Factors of 123
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 44
Divisors of 123
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 168
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 45
- 123 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (45) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 78
Bases of 123
- Binary: 1111011 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x7b
Squares and roots of 123
- 123 squared (1232) is 15129
- 123 cubed (1233) is 1860867
square rootof 123 is 11.0905365065
cube rootof 123 is 4.9731898333
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 123?
- 123 seconds is equal to 2 minutes, 3 seconds.
To count from 1 to 123 would take you about one minute.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 123 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 123
- 123 backwards is 321
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 123's digits is 6
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 123 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!