125 is an odd composite number. It is composed of one distinct prime number multiplied by itself two times. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 125:
(5 × 5 × 5)
53(5 × 5 × 5)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 125 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 125
- Cardinal: 125 can be written as One hundred twenty-five.
- Scientific notation: 1.25 × 102
Factors of 125
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 5
Divisors of 125
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 156
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 31
- 125 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (31) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 94
Bases of 125
- Binary: 11111012
- Hexadecimal: 0x7D
- Base-36: 3H
Squares and roots of 125
- 125 squared (1252) is 15625
- 125 cubed (1253) is 1953125
square rootof 125 is 11.1803398875
125 is a
perfect cube number. Its cube rootis 5
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 125?
- 125 seconds is equal to 2 minutes, 5 seconds.
To count from 1 to 125 would take you about two seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 125 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 125
- 125 backwards is 521
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 125's digits is 8
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 125 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 6 December 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 125 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 6 December 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/125/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 125 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/125/
The information we have on file for 125 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!