143 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 143:
11 × 13
11 × 13
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 143 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 143
- Cardinal: 143 can be written as One hundred forty-three.
- Scientific notation: 1.43 × 102
Factors of 143
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 24
Divisors of 143
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 168
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 25
- 143 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (25) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 118
Bases of 143
- Binary: 10001111 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x8F
- Base-36: 3Z
Squares and roots of 143
- 143 squared (1432) is 20449
- 143 cubed (1433) is 2924207
square rootof 143 is 11.9582607433
cube rootof 143 is 5.2293215317
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 143?
- 143 seconds is equal to 2 minutes, 23 seconds.
To count from 1 to 143 would take you about one minute.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 143 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 143
- 143 backwards is 341
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 143's digits is 8
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 143 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!