196 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of nine divisors.
Prime factorization of 196:
22 × 72
(2 × 2 × 7 × 7)
22 × 72(2 × 2 × 7 × 7)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 196 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 196
- Cardinal: 196 can be written as One hundred ninety-six.
- Scientific notation: 1.96 × 102
Factors of 196
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 9
Divisors of 196
- Number of divisors d(n): 9
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 399
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 203
- 196 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (203) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 7
Bases of 196
- Binary: 11000100 2
- Hexadecimal: 0xc4
Squares and roots of 196
- 196 squared (1962) is 38416
- 196 cubed (1963) is 7529536
196 is a
perfect square number. Its square rootis 14
cube rootof 196 is 5.8087857335
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 196?
- 196 seconds is equal to 3 minutes, 16 seconds.
To count from 1 to 196 would take you about one minute.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 196 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 196
- 196 backwards is 691
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 196's digits is 16
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 196 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!