217 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 217:
7 × 31
7 × 31
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 217 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 217
- Cardinal: 217 can be written as Two hundred seventeen.
- Scientific notation: 2.17 × 102
Factors of 217
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 38
Divisors of 217
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 256
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 39
- 217 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (39) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 178
Bases of 217
- Binary: 110110012
- Hexadecimal: 0xD9
- Base-36: 61
Squares and roots of 217
- 217 squared (2172) is 47089
- 217 cubed (2173) is 10218313
square rootof 217 is 14.7309198627
cube rootof 217 is 6.0092450069
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 217?
- 217 seconds is equal to 3 minutes, 37 seconds.
To count from 1 to 217 would take you about forty-eight seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 217 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 217
- 217 backwards is 712
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 217's digits is 10
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 217 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 15 October 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 217 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 15 October 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/217/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 217 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/217/
The information we have on file for 217 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!