248 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 248:
23 × 31
(2 × 2 × 2 × 31)
23 × 31(2 × 2 × 2 × 31)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 248 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 248
- Cardinal: 248 can be written as Two hundred forty-eight.
- Scientific notation: 2.48 × 102
Factors of 248
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 33
Divisors of 248
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 480
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 232
- 248 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (232) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 16
Bases of 248
- Binary: 111110002
- Hexadecimal: 0xF8
- Base-36: 6W
Squares and roots of 248
- 248 squared (2482) is 61504
- 248 cubed (2483) is 15252992
square rootof 248 is 15.7480157481
cube rootof 248 is 6.2827613047
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 248?
- 248 seconds is equal to 4 minutes, 8 seconds.
To count from 1 to 248 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 248 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 248
- 248 backwards is 842
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 248's digits is 14
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 248 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 14 December 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 248 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 14 December 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/248/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 248 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/248/
The information we have on file for 248 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!