480 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twenty-four divisors.
Prime factorization of 480:
25 × 3 × 5
(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 3 × 5)
25 × 3 × 5(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 3 × 5)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 480 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 480
- Cardinal: 480 can be written as Four hundred eighty.
- Scientific notation: 4.8 × 102
Factors of 480
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 7
- Sum of prime factors: 10
Divisors of 480
- Number of divisors d(n): 24
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 1512
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1032
- 480 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1032) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 552
Bases of 480
- Binary: 1111000002
- Hexadecimal: 0x1E0
- Base-36: DC
Squares and roots of 480
- 480 squared (4802) is 230400
- 480 cubed (4803) is 110592000
square rootof 480 is 21.9089023001
cube rootof 480 is 7.8297352823
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 480?
- 480 seconds is equal to 8 minutes.
To count from 1 to 480 would take you about four minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 480 cubic inches would be around 0.7 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 480
- 480 backwards is 084
- 480 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 480's digits is 12
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 480 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 15 November 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 480 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 15 November 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/480/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 480 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/480/
The information we have on file for 480 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!