240 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twenty divisors.
Prime factorization of 240:
24 × 3 × 5
(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 3 × 5)
24 × 3 × 5(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 3 × 5)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 240 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 240
- Cardinal: 240 can be written as Two hundred forty.
- Scientific notation: 2.4 × 102
Factors of 240
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 6
- Sum of prime factors: 10
Divisors of 240
- Number of divisors d(n): 20
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 744
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 504
- 240 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (504) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 264
Bases of 240
- Binary: 11110000 2
- Hexadecimal: 0xF0
- Base-36: 6O
Squares and roots of 240
- 240 squared (2402) is 57600
- 240 cubed (2403) is 13824000
square rootof 240 is 15.4919333849
cube rootof 240 is 6.2144650119
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 240?
- 240 seconds is equal to 4 minutes.
To count from 1 to 240 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 240 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 240
- 240 backwards is 042
- 240 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 240's digits is 6
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 240 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!