744 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of sixteen divisors.
Prime factorization of 744:
23 × 3 × 31
(2 × 2 × 2 × 3 × 31)
23 × 3 × 31(2 × 2 × 2 × 3 × 31)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 744 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 744
- Cardinal: 744 can be written as Seven hundred forty-four.
- Scientific notation: 7.44 × 102
Factors of 744
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 5
- Sum of prime factors: 36
Divisors of 744
- Number of divisors d(n): 16
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 1920
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1176
- 744 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1176) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 432
Bases of 744
- Binary: 10111010002
- Hexadecimal: 0x2E8
- Base-36: KO
Squares and roots of 744
- 744 squared (7442) is 553536
- 744 cubed (7443) is 411830784
square rootof 744 is 27.2763633939
cube rootof 744 is 9.0613097923
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 744?
- 744 seconds is equal to 12 minutes, 24 seconds.
To count from 1 to 744 would take you about six minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 744 cubic inches would be around 0.8 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 744
- 744 backwards is 447
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 744's digits is 15
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 744 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 24 October 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 744 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 24 October 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/744/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 744 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/744/
The information we have on file for 744 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!