272 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of ten divisors.
Prime factorization of 272:
24 × 17
(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 17)
24 × 17(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 17)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 272 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 272
- Cardinal: 272 can be written as Two hundred seventy-two.
- Scientific notation: 2.72 × 102
Factors of 272
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 5
- Sum of prime factors: 19
Divisors of 272
- Number of divisors d(n): 10
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 558
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 286
- 272 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (286) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 14
Bases of 272
- Binary: 100010000 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x110
- Base-36: 7K
Squares and roots of 272
- 272 squared (2722) is 73984
- 272 cubed (2723) is 20123648
square rootof 272 is 16.4924225025
cube rootof 272 is 6.4792236025
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 272?
- 272 seconds is equal to 4 minutes, 32 seconds.
To count from 1 to 272 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 272 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 272
272 is the same when its digits are reversed! That makes it a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 272's digits is 11
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 272 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!