315 is an odd composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 315:
32 × 5 × 7(3 × 3 × 5 × 7)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 315 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 315
- Cardinal: 315 can be written as Three hundred fifteen.
- Scientific notation: 3.15 × 102
Factors of 315
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 15
Divisors of 315
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 624
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 309
- 315 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (309) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 6
Bases of 315
- Binary: 1001110112
- Hexadecimal: 0x13B
- Base-36: 8R
Squares and roots of 315
- 315 squared (3152) is 99225
- 315 cubed (3153) is 31255875
square rootof 315 is 17.7482393493
cube rootof 315 is 6.8040921159
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 315?
- 315 seconds is equal to 5 minutes, 15 seconds.
To count from 1 to 315 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 315 cubic inches would be around 0.6 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 315
- 315 backwards is 513
- 315 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 315's digits is 9
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 315 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2020. Web. 20 January 2020.
Numbermatics. (2020). Number 315 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 20 January 2020, from https://numbermatics.com/n/315/
Numbermatics. 2020. "Number 315 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/315/
The information we have on file for 315 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!
Keywords: Divisors of 315, math, Factors of 315, curriculum, school, college, exams, university, Prime factorization of 315, STEM, science, technology, engineering, physics, economics, calculator, three hundred fifteen.