77 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 77:
7 × 11
7 × 11
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 77 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 77
- Cardinal: 77 can be written as Seventy-seven.
- Scientific notation: 7.7 × 101
Factors of 77
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 18
Divisors of 77
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 96
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 19
- 77 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (19) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 58
Bases of 77
- Binary: 1001101 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x4d
Squares and roots of 77
- 77 squared (772) is 5929
- 77 cubed (773) is 456533
square rootof 77 is 8.7749643873
cube rootof 77 is 4.2543208651
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 77?
- 77 seconds is equal to 1 minute, 17 seconds.
To count from 1 to 77 would take you about thirty-eight seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 77 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 77
77 is the same when its digits are reversed! That makes it a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 77's digits is 14
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 77 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!