76 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of six divisors.
Prime factorization of 76:
22 × 19
(2 × 2 × 19)
22 × 19(2 × 2 × 19)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 76 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 76
- Cardinal: 76 can be written as Seventy-six.
- Scientific notation: 7.6 × 101
Factors of 76
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 21
Divisors of 76
- Number of divisors d(n): 6
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 140
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 64
- 76 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (64) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 12
Bases of 76
- Binary: 1001100 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x4c
Squares and roots of 76
- 76 squared (762) is 5776
- 76 cubed (763) is 438976
square rootof 76 is 8.7177978871
cube rootof 76 is 4.2358235841
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 76?
- 76 seconds is equal to 1 minute, 16 seconds.
To count from 1 to 76 would take you about thirty-eight seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 76 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 76
- 76 backwards is 67
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 76's digits is 13
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 76 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!