99 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of six divisors.
Prime factorization of 99:
32 × 11
(3 × 3 × 11)
32 × 11(3 × 3 × 11)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 99 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 99
- Cardinal: 99 can be written as Ninety-nine.
- Scientific notation: 9.9 × 101
Factors of 99
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 14
Divisors of 99
- Number of divisors d(n): 6
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 156
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 57
- 99 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (57) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 42
Bases of 99
- Binary: 11000112
- Hexadecimal: 0x63
- Base-36: 2R
Squares and roots of 99
- 99 squared (992) is 9801
- 99 cubed (993) is 970299
square rootof 99 is 9.9498743707
cube rootof 99 is 4.6260650091
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 99?
- 99 seconds is equal to 39 seconds.
To count from 1 to 99 would take you about forty-nine seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 99 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 99
99 is the same when its digits are reversed! That makes it a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 99's digits is 18
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 99 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2020. Web. 18 January 2020.
Numbermatics. (2020). Number 99 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 18 January 2020, from https://numbermatics.com/n/99/
Numbermatics. 2020. "Number 99 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/99/
The information we have on file for 99 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!