138 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 138:
2 × 3 × 23
2 × 3 × 23
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 138 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 138
- Cardinal: 138 can be written as One hundred thirty-eight.
- Scientific notation: 1.38 × 102
Factors of 138
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 28
Divisors of 138
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 288
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 150
- 138 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (150) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 12
Bases of 138
- Binary: 100010102
- Hexadecimal: 0x8A
- Base-36: 3U
Squares and roots of 138
- 138 squared (1382) is 19044
- 138 cubed (1383) is 2628072
square rootof 138 is 11.7473401245
cube rootof 138 is 5.1676492525
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 138?
- 138 seconds is equal to 2 minutes, 18 seconds.
To count from 1 to 138 would take you about nine seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 138 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 138
- 138 backwards is 831
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 138's digits is 12
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 138 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 23 October 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 138 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 23 October 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/138/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 138 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/138/
The information we have on file for 138 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!