159 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 159:
3 × 53
3 × 53
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 159 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 159
- Cardinal: 159 can be written as One hundred fifty-nine.
- Scientific notation: 1.59 × 102
Factors of 159
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 56
Divisors of 159
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 216
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 57
- 159 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (57) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 102
Bases of 159
- Binary: 10011111 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x9f
Squares and roots of 159
- 159 squared (1592) is 25281
- 159 cubed (1593) is 4019679
square rootof 159 is 12.6095202129
cube rootof 159 is 5.4175015151
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 159?
- 159 seconds is equal to 2 minutes, 39 seconds.
To count from 1 to 159 would take you about one minute.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 159 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 159
- 159 backwards is 951
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 159's digits is 15
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 159 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!