231 is an odd composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 231:
3 × 7 × 11
3 × 7 × 11
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 231 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 231
- Cardinal: 231 can be written as Two hundred thirty-one.
- Scientific notation: 2.31 × 102
Factors of 231
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 21
Divisors of 231
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 384
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 153
- 231 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (153) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 78
Bases of 231
- Binary: 111001112
- Hexadecimal: 0xE7
- Base-36: 6F
Squares and roots of 231
- 231 squared (2312) is 53361
- 231 cubed (2313) is 12326391
square rootof 231 is 15.1986841535
cube rootof 231 is 6.1357924397
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 231?
- 231 seconds is equal to 3 minutes, 51 seconds.
To count from 1 to 231 would take you about fifty-five seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 231 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 231
- 231 backwards is 132
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 231's digits is 6
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 231 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 15 November 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 231 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 15 November 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/231/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 231 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/231/
The information we have on file for 231 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!