236 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of six divisors.
Prime factorization of 236:
22 × 59
(2 × 2 × 59)
22 × 59(2 × 2 × 59)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 236 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 236
- Cardinal: 236 can be written as Two hundred thirty-six.
- Scientific notation: 2.36 × 102
Factors of 236
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 61
Divisors of 236
- Number of divisors d(n): 6
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 420
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 184
- 236 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (184) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 52
Bases of 236
- Binary: 11101100 2
- Hexadecimal: 0xec
Squares and roots of 236
- 236 squared (2362) is 55696
- 236 cubed (2363) is 13144256
square rootof 236 is 15.3622914957
cube rootof 236 is 6.1797466059
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 236?
- 236 seconds is equal to 3 minutes, 56 seconds.
To count from 1 to 236 would take you about one minute.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 236 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 236
- 236 backwards is 632
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 236's digits is 11
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 236 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!