250 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 250:
2 × 53
(2 × 5 × 5 × 5)
2 × 53(2 × 5 × 5 × 5)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 250 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 250
- Cardinal: 250 can be written as Two hundred fifty.
- Scientific notation: 2.5 × 102
Factors of 250
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 7
Divisors of 250
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 468
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 218
- 250 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (218) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 32
Bases of 250
- Binary: 111110102
- Hexadecimal: 0xFA
- Base-36: 6Y
Squares and roots of 250
- 250 squared (2502) is 62500
- 250 cubed (2503) is 15625000
square rootof 250 is 15.8113883009
cube rootof 250 is 6.2996052495
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 250?
- 250 seconds is equal to 4 minutes, 10 seconds.
To count from 1 to 250 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 250 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 250
- 250 backwards is 052
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 250's digits is 7
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 250 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2020. Web. 18 January 2020.
Numbermatics. (2020). Number 250 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 18 January 2020, from https://numbermatics.com/n/250/
Numbermatics. 2020. "Number 250 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/250/
The information we have on file for 250 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!