398 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 398:
2 × 199
2 × 199
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 398 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 398
- Cardinal: 398 can be written as Three hundred ninety-eight.
- Scientific notation: 3.98 × 102
Factors of 398
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 201
Divisors of 398
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 600
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 202
- 398 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (202) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 196
Bases of 398
- Binary: 110001110 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x18e
Squares and roots of 398
- 398 squared (3982) is 158404
- 398 cubed (3983) is 63044792
square rootof 398 is 19.9499373431
cube rootof 398 is 7.3557623685
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 398?
- 398 seconds is equal to 6 minutes, 38 seconds.
To count from 1 to 398 would take you about three minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 398 cubic inches would be around 0.6 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 398
- 398 backwards is 893
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 398's digits is 20
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 398 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!