506 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 506:
2 × 11 × 23
2 × 11 × 23
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 506 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 506
- Cardinal: 506 can be written as Five hundred six.
- Scientific notation: 5.06 × 102
Factors of 506
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 36
Divisors of 506
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 864
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 358
- 506 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (358) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 148
Bases of 506
- Binary: 1111110102
- Hexadecimal: 0x1FA
- Base-36: E2
Squares and roots of 506
- 506 squared (5062) is 256036
- 506 cubed (5063) is 129554216
square rootof 506 is 22.4944437585
cube rootof 506 is 7.9686271287
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 506?
- 506 seconds is equal to 8 minutes, 26 seconds.
To count from 1 to 506 would take you about four minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 506 cubic inches would be around 0.7 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 506
- 506 backwards is 605
- 506 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 506's digits is 11
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 506 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2020. Web. 18 January 2020.
Numbermatics. (2020). Number 506 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 18 January 2020, from https://numbermatics.com/n/506/
Numbermatics. 2020. "Number 506 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/506/
The information we have on file for 506 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!