86 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 86:
2 × 43
2 × 43
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 86 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 86
- Cardinal: 86 can be written as Eighty-six.
- Scientific notation: 8.6 × 101
Factors of 86
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 45
Divisors of 86
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 132
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 46
- 86 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (46) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 40
Bases of 86
- Binary: 1010110 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x56
- Base-36: 2E
Squares and roots of 86
- 86 squared (862) is 7396
- 86 cubed (863) is 636056
square rootof 86 is 9.2736184955
cube rootof 86 is 4.4140049625
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 86?
- 86 seconds is equal to 1 minute, 26 seconds.
To count from 1 to 86 would take you about forty-three seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 86 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 86
- 86 backwards is 68
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 86's digits is 14
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 86 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!