88 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 88:
23 × 11
(2 × 2 × 2 × 11)
23 × 11(2 × 2 × 2 × 11)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 88 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 88
- Cardinal: 88 can be written as Eighty-eight.
- Scientific notation: 8.8 × 101
Factors of 88
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 13
Divisors of 88
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 180
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 92
- 88 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (92) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 4
Bases of 88
- Binary: 1011000 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x58
- Base-36: 2G
Squares and roots of 88
- 88 squared (882) is 7744
- 88 cubed (883) is 681472
square rootof 88 is 9.3808315197
cube rootof 88 is 4.4479601813
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 88?
- 88 seconds is equal to 1 minute, 28 seconds.
To count from 1 to 88 would take you about forty-four seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 88 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 88
88 is the same when its digits are reversed! That makes it a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 88's digits is 16
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 88 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!