8987 is an odd composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 8987:
11 × 19 × 43
11 × 19 × 43
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 8987 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 8987
- Cardinal: 8987 can be written as Eight thousand, nine hundred eighty-seven.
- Scientific notation: 8.987 × 103
Factors of 8987
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 73
Divisors of 8987
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 10560
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1573
- 8987 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1573) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 7414
Bases of 8987
- Binary: 100011000110112
- Hexadecimal: 0x231B
- Base-36: 6XN
Squares and roots of 8987
- 8987 squared (89872) is 80766169
- 8987 cubed (89873) is 725845560803
square rootof 8987 is 94.7997890293
cube rootof 8987 is 20.7908181861
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 8987?
- 8,987 seconds is equal to 2 hours, 29 minutes, 47 seconds.
To count from 1 to 8,987 would take you about two hours.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 8987 cubic inches would be around 1.7 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 8987
- 8987 backwards is 7898
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 8987's digits is 32
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 8987 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 7 December 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 8987 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 7 December 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/8987/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 8987 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/8987/
The information we have on file for 8987 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!