270 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of sixteen divisors.
Prime factorization of 270:
2 × 33 × 5
(2 × 3 × 3 × 3 × 5)
2 × 33 × 5(2 × 3 × 3 × 3 × 5)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 270 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 270
- Cardinal: 270 can be written as Two hundred seventy.
- Scientific notation: 2.7 × 102
Factors of 270
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 5
- Sum of prime factors: 10
Divisors of 270
- Number of divisors d(n): 16
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 720
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 450
- 270 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (450) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 180
Bases of 270
- Binary: 1000011102
- Hexadecimal: 0x10E
- Base-36: 7I
Squares and roots of 270
- 270 squared (2702) is 72900
- 270 cubed (2703) is 19683000
square rootof 270 is 16.4316767251
cube rootof 270 is 6.4633040701
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 270?
- 270 seconds is equal to 4 minutes, 30 seconds.
To count from 1 to 270 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 270 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 270
- 270 backwards is 072
- 270 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 270's digits is 9
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 270 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 18 October 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 270 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 18 October 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/270/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 270 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/270/
The information we have on file for 270 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!