284 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of six divisors.
Prime factorization of 284:
22 × 71
(2 × 2 × 71)
22 × 71(2 × 2 × 71)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 284 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 284
- Cardinal: 284 can be written as Two hundred eighty-four.
- Scientific notation: 2.84 × 102
Factors of 284
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 73
Divisors of 284
- Number of divisors d(n): 6
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 504
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 220
- 284 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (220) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 64
Bases of 284
- Binary: 100011100 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x11C
- Base-36: 7W
Squares and roots of 284
- 284 squared (2842) is 80656
- 284 cubed (2843) is 22906304
square rootof 284 is 16.8522995463
cube rootof 284 is 6.5731384515
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 284?
- 284 seconds is equal to 4 minutes, 44 seconds.
To count from 1 to 284 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 284 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 284
- 284 backwards is 482
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 284's digits is 14
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 284 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!