220 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 220:
22 × 5 × 11
(2 × 2 × 5 × 11)
22 × 5 × 11(2 × 2 × 5 × 11)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 220 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 220
- Cardinal: 220 can be written as Two hundred twenty.
- Scientific notation: 2.2 × 102
Factors of 220
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 18
Divisors of 220
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 504
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 284
- 220 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (284) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 64
Bases of 220
- Binary: 110111002
- Hexadecimal: 0xDC
- Base-36: 64
Squares and roots of 220
- 220 squared (2202) is 48400
- 220 cubed (2203) is 10648000
square rootof 220 is 14.8323969741
cube rootof 220 is 6.0368107367
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 220?
- 220 seconds is equal to 3 minutes, 40 seconds.
To count from 1 to 220 would take you about fifty seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 220 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 220
- 220 backwards is 022
- 220 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 220's digits is 4
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 220 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 15 November 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 220 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 15 November 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/220/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 220 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/220/
The information we have on file for 220 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!