285 is an odd composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 285:
3 × 5 × 19
3 × 5 × 19
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 285 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 285
- Cardinal: 285 can be written as Two hundred eighty-five.
- Scientific notation: 2.85 × 102
Factors of 285
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 27
Divisors of 285
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 480
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 195
- 285 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (195) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 90
Bases of 285
- Binary: 100011101 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x11d
Squares and roots of 285
- 285 squared (2852) is 81225
- 285 cubed (2853) is 23149125
square rootof 285 is 16.8819430161
cube rootof 285 is 6.5808443655
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 285?
- 285 seconds is equal to 4 minutes, 45 seconds.
To count from 1 to 285 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 285 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 285
- 285 backwards is 582
- 285 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 285's digits is 15
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 285 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!