424 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 424:
23 × 53
(2 × 2 × 2 × 53)
23 × 53(2 × 2 × 2 × 53)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 424 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 424
- Cardinal: 424 can be written as Four hundred twenty-four.
- Scientific notation: 4.24 × 102
Factors of 424
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 55
Divisors of 424
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 810
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 386
- 424 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (386) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 38
Bases of 424
- Binary: 110101000 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x1a8
Squares and roots of 424
- 424 squared (4242) is 179776
- 424 cubed (4243) is 76225024
square rootof 424 is 20.5912602819
cube rootof 424 is 7.5125715085
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 424?
- 424 seconds is equal to 7 minutes, 4 seconds.
To count from 1 to 424 would take you about three minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 424 cubic inches would be around 0.6 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 424
424 is the same when its digits are reversed! That makes it a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 424's digits is 10
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 424 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!