496 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of ten divisors.
Prime factorization of 496:
24 × 31
(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 31)
24 × 31(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 31)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 496 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 496
- Cardinal: 496 can be written as Four hundred ninety-six.
- Scientific notation: 4.96 × 102
Factors of 496
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 5
- Sum of prime factors: 33
Divisors of 496
- Number of divisors d(n): 10
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 992
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 496
- 496 is a perfect number. It is exactly equal to the sum of its proper divisors.
Bases of 496
- Binary: 1111100002
- Hexadecimal: 0x1F0
- Base-36: DS
Squares and roots of 496
- 496 squared (4962) is 246016
- 496 cubed (4963) is 122023936
square rootof 496 is 22.2710574513
cube rootof 496 is 7.9157832195
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 496?
- 496 seconds is equal to 8 minutes, 16 seconds.
To count from 1 to 496 would take you about four minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 496 cubic inches would be around 0.7 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 496
- 496 backwards is 694
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 496's digits is 19
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 496 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 10 December 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 496 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 10 December 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/496/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 496 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/496/
The information we have on file for 496 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!