642 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 642:
2 × 3 × 107
2 × 3 × 107
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 642 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 642
- Cardinal: 642 can be written as Six hundred forty-two.
- Scientific notation: 6.42 × 102
Factors of 642
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 112
Divisors of 642
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 1296
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 654
- 642 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (654) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 12
Bases of 642
- Binary: 10100000102
- Hexadecimal: 0x282
- Base-36: HU
Squares and roots of 642
- 642 squared (6422) is 412164
- 642 cubed (6423) is 264609288
square rootof 642 is 25.3377189185
cube rootof 642 is 8.6267062367
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 642?
- 642 seconds is equal to 10 minutes, 42 seconds.
To count from 1 to 642 would take you about five minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 642 cubic inches would be around 0.7 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 642
- 642 backwards is 246
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 642's digits is 12
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 642 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 12 November 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 642 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 12 November 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/642/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 642 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/642/
The information we have on file for 642 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!