246 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 246:
2 × 3 × 41
2 × 3 × 41
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 246 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 246
- Cardinal: 246 can be written as Two hundred forty-six.
- Scientific notation: 2.46 × 102
Factors of 246
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 46
Divisors of 246
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 504
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 258
- 246 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (258) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 12
Bases of 246
- Binary: 111101102
- Hexadecimal: 0xF6
- Base-36: 6U
Squares and roots of 246
- 246 squared (2462) is 60516
- 246 cubed (2463) is 14886936
square rootof 246 is 15.6843871413
cube rootof 246 is 6.2658265561
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 246?
- 246 seconds is equal to 4 minutes, 6 seconds.
To count from 1 to 246 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 246 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 246
- 246 backwards is 642
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 246's digits is 12
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 246 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 15 November 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 246 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 15 November 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/246/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 246 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/246/
The information we have on file for 246 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!