846 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 846:
2 × 32 × 47
(2 × 3 × 3 × 47)
2 × 32 × 47(2 × 3 × 3 × 47)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 846 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 846
- Cardinal: 846 can be written as Eight hundred forty-six.
- Scientific notation: 8.46 × 102
Factors of 846
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 52
Divisors of 846
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 1872
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1026
- 846 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1026) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 180
Bases of 846
- Binary: 1101001110 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x34E
- Base-36: NI
Squares and roots of 846
- 846 squared (8462) is 715716
- 846 cubed (8463) is 605495736
square rootof 846 is 29.0860791445
cube rootof 846 is 9.4577998927
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 846?
- 846 seconds is equal to 14 minutes, 6 seconds.
To count from 1 to 846 would take you about seven minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 846 cubic inches would be around 0.8 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 846
- 846 backwards is 648
- 846 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 846's digits is 18
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 846 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!