896 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of sixteen divisors.
Prime factorization of 896:
27 × 7
(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 7)
27 × 7(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 7)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 896 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 896
- Cardinal: 896 can be written as Eight hundred ninety-six.
- Scientific notation: 8.96 × 102
Factors of 896
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 8
- Sum of prime factors: 9
Divisors of 896
- Number of divisors d(n): 16
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 2040
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1144
- 896 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1144) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 248
Bases of 896
- Binary: 11100000002
- Hexadecimal: 0x380
- Base-36: OW
Squares and roots of 896
- 896 squared (8962) is 802816
- 896 cubed (8963) is 719323136
square rootof 896 is 29.9332590941
cube rootof 896 is 9.6405690567
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 896?
- 896 seconds is equal to 14 minutes, 56 seconds.
To count from 1 to 896 would take you about seven minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 896 cubic inches would be around 0.8 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 896
- 896 backwards is 698
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 896's digits is 23
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 896 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 14 November 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 896 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 14 November 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/896/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 896 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/896/
The information we have on file for 896 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!