1000 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of sixteen divisors.
Prime factorization of 1000:
23 × 53
(2 × 2 × 2 × 5 × 5 × 5)
23 × 53(2 × 2 × 2 × 5 × 5 × 5)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 1000 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 1000
- Cardinal: 1000 can be written as One thousand.
- Scientific notation: 1 × 103
Factors of 1000
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 6
- Sum of prime factors: 7
Divisors of 1000
- Number of divisors d(n): 16
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 2340
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1340
- 1000 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1340) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 340
Bases of 1000
- Binary: 11111010002
- Hexadecimal: 0x3E8
- Base-36: RS
Squares and roots of 1000
- 1000 squared (10002) is 1000000
- 1000 cubed (10003) is 1000000000
square rootof 1000 is 31.6227766017
1000 is a
perfect cube number. Its cube rootis 10
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 1000?
- 1,000 seconds is equal to 16 minutes, 40 seconds.
To count from 1 to 1,000 would take you about sixteen minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 1000 cubic inches would be around 0.8 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 1000
- 1000 backwards is 0001
- 1000 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 1000's digits is 1
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 1000 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 17 November 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 1000 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 17 November 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/1000/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 1000 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/1000/
The information we have on file for 1000 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!