1078 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 1078:
2 × 72 × 11
(2 × 7 × 7 × 11)
2 × 72 × 11(2 × 7 × 7 × 11)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 1078 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 1078
- Cardinal: 1078 can be written as One thousand and seventy-eight.
- Scientific notation: 1.078 × 103
Factors of 1078
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 20
Divisors of 1078
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 2052
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 974
- 1078 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (974) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 104
Bases of 1078
- Binary: 100001101102
- Hexadecimal: 0x436
- Base-36: TY
Squares and roots of 1078
- 1078 squared (10782) is 1162084
- 1078 cubed (10783) is 1252726552
square rootof 1078 is 32.8329103187
cube rootof 1078 is 10.2535185223
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 1078?
- 1,078 seconds is equal to 17 minutes, 58 seconds.
To count from 1 to 1,078 would take you about seventeen minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 1078 cubic inches would be around 0.9 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 1078
- 1078 backwards is 8701
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 1078's digits is 16
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 1078 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 22 October 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 1078 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 22 October 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/1078/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 1078 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/1078/
The information we have on file for 1078 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!