1989 is an odd composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 1989:
32 × 13 × 17
(3 × 3 × 13 × 17)
32 × 13 × 17(3 × 3 × 13 × 17)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 1989 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 1989
- Cardinal: 1989 can be written as One thousand, nine hundred eighty-nine.
- Scientific notation: 1.989 × 103
Factors of 1989
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 33
Divisors of 1989
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 3276
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1287
- 1989 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1287) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 702
Bases of 1989
- Binary: 111110001012
- Hexadecimal: 0x7C5
- Base-36: 1J9
Squares and roots of 1989
- 1989 squared (19892) is 3956121
- 1989 cubed (19893) is 7868724669
square rootof 1989 is 44.5982062419
cube rootof 1989 is 12.5760694691
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 1989?
- 1,989 seconds is equal to 33 minutes, 9 seconds.
To count from 1 to 1,989 would take you about thirty-three minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 1989 cubic inches would be around 1 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 1989
- 1989 backwards is 9891
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 1989's digits is 27
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 1989 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 23 September 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 1989 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 23 September 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/1989/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 1989 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/1989/
The information we have on file for 1989 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!