1988 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 1988:
22 × 7 × 71
(2 × 2 × 7 × 71)
22 × 7 × 71(2 × 2 × 7 × 71)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 1988 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 1988
- Cardinal: 1988 can be written as One thousand, nine hundred eighty-eight.
- Scientific notation: 1.988 × 103
Factors of 1988
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 80
Divisors of 1988
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 4032
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 2044
- 1988 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (2044) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 56
Bases of 1988
- Binary: 111110001002
- Hexadecimal: 0x7C4
- Base-36: 1J8
Squares and roots of 1988
- 1988 squared (19882) is 3952144
- 1988 cubed (19883) is 7856862272
square rootof 1988 is 44.5869936193
cube rootof 1988 is 12.5739615125
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 1988?
- 1,988 seconds is equal to 33 minutes, 8 seconds.
To count from 1 to 1,988 would take you about thirty-three minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 1988 cubic inches would be around 1 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 1988
- 1988 backwards is 8891
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 1988's digits is 26
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 1988 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 10 December 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 1988 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 10 December 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/1988/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 1988 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/1988/
The information we have on file for 1988 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!