265 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 265:
5 × 53
5 × 53
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 265 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 265
- Cardinal: 265 can be written as Two hundred sixty-five.
- Scientific notation: 2.65 × 102
Factors of 265
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 58
Divisors of 265
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 324
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 59
- 265 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (59) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 206
Bases of 265
- Binary: 100001001 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x109
- Base-36: 7D
Squares and roots of 265
- 265 squared (2652) is 70225
- 265 cubed (2653) is 18609625
square rootof 265 is 16.2788205961
cube rootof 265 is 6.4231582887
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 265?
- 265 seconds is equal to 4 minutes, 25 seconds.
To count from 1 to 265 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 265 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 265
- 265 backwards is 562
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 265's digits is 13
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 265 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!