406 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 406:
2 × 7 × 29
2 × 7 × 29
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 406 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 406
- Cardinal: 406 can be written as Four hundred six.
- Scientific notation: 4.06 × 102
Factors of 406
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 38
Divisors of 406
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 720
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 314
- 406 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (314) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 92
Bases of 406
- Binary: 110010110 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x196
Squares and roots of 406
- 406 squared (4062) is 164836
- 406 cubed (4063) is 66923416
square rootof 406 is 20.1494416797
cube rootof 406 is 7.4047206305
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 406?
- 406 seconds is equal to 6 minutes, 46 seconds.
To count from 1 to 406 would take you about three minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 406 cubic inches would be around 0.6 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 406
- 406 backwards is 604
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 406's digits is 10
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 406 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!