550 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 550:
2 × 52 × 11
(2 × 5 × 5 × 11)
2 × 52 × 11(2 × 5 × 5 × 11)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 550 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 550
- Cardinal: 550 can be written as Five hundred fifty.
- Scientific notation: 5.5 × 102
Factors of 550
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 18
Divisors of 550
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 1116
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 566
- 550 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (566) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 16
Bases of 550
- Binary: 10001001102
- Hexadecimal: 0x226
- Base-36: FA
Squares and roots of 550
- 550 squared (5502) is 302500
- 550 cubed (5503) is 166375000
square rootof 550 is 23.4520787991
cube rootof 550 is 8.1932127061
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 550?
- 550 seconds is equal to 9 minutes, 10 seconds.
To count from 1 to 550 would take you about four minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 550 cubic inches would be around 0.7 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 550
- 550 backwards is 055
- 550 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 550's digits is 10
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 550 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 6 December 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 550 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 6 December 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/550/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 550 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/550/
The information we have on file for 550 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!