308 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 308:
22 × 7 × 11
(2 × 2 × 7 × 11)
22 × 7 × 11(2 × 2 × 7 × 11)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 308 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 308
- Cardinal: 308 can be written as Three hundred eight.
- Scientific notation: 3.08 × 102
Factors of 308
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 20
Divisors of 308
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 672
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 364
- 308 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (364) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 56
Bases of 308
- Binary: 1001101002
- Hexadecimal: 0x134
- Base-36: 8K
Squares and roots of 308
- 308 squared (3082) is 94864
- 308 cubed (3083) is 29218112
square rootof 308 is 17.5499287747
cube rootof 308 is 6.7533134165
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 308?
- 308 seconds is equal to 5 minutes, 8 seconds.
To count from 1 to 308 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 308 cubic inches would be around 0.6 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 308
- 308 backwards is 803
- 308 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 308's digits is 11
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 308 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 7 December 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 308 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 7 December 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/308/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 308 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/308/
The information we have on file for 308 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!