968 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 968:
23 × 112
(2 × 2 × 2 × 11 × 11)
23 × 112(2 × 2 × 2 × 11 × 11)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 968 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 968
- Cardinal: 968 can be written as Nine hundred sixty-eight.
- Scientific notation: 9.68 × 102
Factors of 968
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 5
- Sum of prime factors: 13
Divisors of 968
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 1995
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1027
- 968 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1027) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 59
Bases of 968
- Binary: 11110010002
- Hexadecimal: 0x3C8
- Base-36: QW
Squares and roots of 968
- 968 squared (9682) is 937024
- 968 cubed (9683) is 907039232
square rootof 968 is 31.1126983721
cube rootof 968 is 9.8921748863
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 968?
- 968 seconds is equal to 16 minutes, 8 seconds.
To count from 1 to 968 would take you about eight minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 968 cubic inches would be around 0.8 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 968
- 968 backwards is 869
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 968's digits is 23
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 968 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 23 October 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 968 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 23 October 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/968/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 968 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/968/
The information we have on file for 968 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!