1240 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of sixteen divisors.
Prime factorization of 1240:
23 × 5 × 31
(2 × 2 × 2 × 5 × 31)
23 × 5 × 31(2 × 2 × 2 × 5 × 31)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 1240 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 1240
- Cardinal: 1240 can be written as One thousand, two hundred forty.
- Scientific notation: 1.24 × 103
Factors of 1240
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 5
- Sum of prime factors: 38
Divisors of 1240
- Number of divisors d(n): 16
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 2880
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1640
- 1240 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1640) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 400
Bases of 1240
- Binary: 100110110002
- Hexadecimal: 0x4D8
- Base-36: YG
Squares and roots of 1240
- 1240 squared (12402) is 1537600
- 1240 cubed (12403) is 1906624000
square rootof 1240 is 35.2136337233
cube rootof 1240 is 10.7433707099
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 1240?
- 1,240 seconds is equal to 20 minutes, 40 seconds.
To count from 1 to 1,240 would take you about twenty minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 1240 cubic inches would be around 0.9 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 1240
- 1240 backwards is 0421
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 1240's digits is 7
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 1240 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 13 November 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 1240 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 13 November 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/1240/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 1240 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/1240/
The information we have on file for 1240 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!