1242 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of sixteen divisors.
Prime factorization of 1242:
2 × 33 × 23
(2 × 3 × 3 × 3 × 23)
2 × 33 × 23(2 × 3 × 3 × 3 × 23)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 1242 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 1242
- Cardinal: 1242 can be written as One thousand, two hundred forty-two.
- Scientific notation: 1.242 × 103
Factors of 1242
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 5
- Sum of prime factors: 28
Divisors of 1242
- Number of divisors d(n): 16
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 2880
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1638
- 1242 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1638) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 396
Bases of 1242
- Binary: 100110110102
- Hexadecimal: 0x4DA
- Base-36: YI
Squares and roots of 1242
- 1242 squared (12422) is 1542564
- 1242 cubed (12423) is 1915864488
square rootof 1242 is 35.2420203735
cube rootof 1242 is 10.7491436129
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 1242?
- 1,242 seconds is equal to 20 minutes, 42 seconds.
To count from 1 to 1,242 would take you about twenty minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 1242 cubic inches would be around 0.9 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 1242
- 1242 backwards is 2421
- 1242 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 1242's digits is 9
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 1242 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 22 November 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 1242 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 22 November 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/1242/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 1242 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/1242/
The information we have on file for 1242 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!