2968 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of sixteen divisors.
Prime factorization of 2968:
23 × 7 × 53
(2 × 2 × 2 × 7 × 53)
23 × 7 × 53(2 × 2 × 2 × 7 × 53)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 2968 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 2968
- Cardinal: 2968 can be written as Two thousand, nine hundred sixty-eight.
- Scientific notation: 2.968 × 103
Factors of 2968
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 5
- Sum of prime factors: 62
Divisors of 2968
- Number of divisors d(n): 16
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 6480
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 3512
- 2968 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (3512) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 544
Bases of 2968
- Binary: 101110011000 2
- Hexadecimal: 0xb98
Squares and roots of 2968
- 2968 squared (29682) is 8809024
- 2968 cubed (29683) is 26145183232
square rootof 2968 is 54.4793538875
cube rootof 2968 is 14.3710323013
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 2968?
- 2,968 seconds is equal to 49 minutes, 28 seconds.
To count from 1 to 2,968 would take you about forty-nine minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 2968 cubic inches would be around 1.2 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 2968
- 2968 backwards is 8692
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 2968's digits is 25
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 2968 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!