300 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eighteen divisors.
Prime factorization of 300:
22 × 3 × 52
(2 × 2 × 3 × 5 × 5)
22 × 3 × 52(2 × 2 × 3 × 5 × 5)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 300 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 300
- Cardinal: 300 can be written as Three hundred.
- Scientific notation: 3 × 102
Factors of 300
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 5
- Sum of prime factors: 10
Divisors of 300
- Number of divisors d(n): 18
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 868
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 568
- 300 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (568) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 268
Bases of 300
- Binary: 1001011002
- Hexadecimal: 0x12C
- Base-36: 8C
Squares and roots of 300
- 300 squared (3002) is 90000
- 300 cubed (3003) is 27000000
square rootof 300 is 17.3205080757
cube rootof 300 is 6.6943295009
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 300?
- 300 seconds is equal to 5 minutes.
To count from 1 to 300 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 300 cubic inches would be around 0.6 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 300
- 300 backwards is 003
- 300 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 300's digits is 3
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 300 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 14 October 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 300 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 14 October 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/300/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 300 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/300/
The information we have on file for 300 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!