462 is an even composite number. It is composed of four distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of sixteen divisors.
Prime factorization of 462:
2 × 3 × 7 × 11
2 × 3 × 7 × 11
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 462 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 462
- Cardinal: 462 can be written as Four hundred sixty-two.
- Scientific notation: 4.62 × 102
Factors of 462
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 4
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 23
Divisors of 462
- Number of divisors d(n): 16
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 1152
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 690
- 462 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (690) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 228
Bases of 462
- Binary: 1110011102
- Hexadecimal: 0x1CE
- Base-36: CU
Squares and roots of 462
- 462 squared (4622) is 213444
- 462 cubed (4623) is 98611128
square rootof 462 is 21.4941852603
cube rootof 462 is 7.7306140525
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 462?
- 462 seconds is equal to 7 minutes, 42 seconds.
To count from 1 to 462 would take you about three minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 462 cubic inches would be around 0.6 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 462
- 462 backwards is 264
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 462's digits is 12
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 462 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 15 November 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 462 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 15 November 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/462/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 462 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/462/
The information we have on file for 462 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!