440 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of sixteen divisors.
Prime factorization of 440:
23 × 5 × 11
(2 × 2 × 2 × 5 × 11)
23 × 5 × 11(2 × 2 × 2 × 5 × 11)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 440 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 440
- Cardinal: 440 can be written as Four hundred forty.
- Scientific notation: 4.4 × 102
Factors of 440
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 5
- Sum of prime factors: 18
Divisors of 440
- Number of divisors d(n): 16
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 1080
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 640
- 440 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (640) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 200
Bases of 440
- Binary: 110111000 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x1b8
Squares and roots of 440
- 440 squared (4402) is 193600
- 440 cubed (4403) is 85184000
square rootof 440 is 20.9761769635
cube rootof 440 is 7.6059049215
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 440?
- 440 seconds is equal to 7 minutes, 20 seconds.
To count from 1 to 440 would take you about three minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 440 cubic inches would be around 0.6 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 440
- 440 backwards is 044
- 440 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 440's digits is 8
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 440 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!